One of the most important aspects of SIBA|GITA’s work is to respond to various inquiries by government, agencies and others on topical issues for the industry. Given the diverse nature of the sector there are many aspects of business and the economy that impact on our industry from space policy to environmental management, and from national security to infrastructure.
SIBA|GITA’s areas of focus include:
- Space (downstream uses of space infrastructure and associated needs)
- Government systems modernisation (and the role for distributed ledger technology)
- Competitive neutrality and private sector capability (ensuring governments are well informed about private sector capability and engage the private sector effectively)
- Skills pipeline (ensuring the industry has access to a skilled workforce – in collaboration with SSSI and a range of other organisations)
- Privatisation of land information management